Saturday, August 04, 2007

The miracle of friendship

da_guyzI met Mitch, my traveling companion on this Vancouver trip, many months ago online. We have chatted a great deal via instant messaging but that's no guarantee the chemistry of friendship would carry over to in-person relating. We got along well on our first and (until this weekend) only meeting in early July. But how would it be to share a long car trip and a hotel room for three nights?

The good news is Mitch and I have gotten along famously from the minute he drove up from Portland and showed up on my doorstep yesterday morning. He is so relaxed and easy to get along with. He's charming, sexy, and has a great sense of humor. It's like I'd known him for a long time.

Of course maybe it's easier to get along with someone when you're both in vacation mode, rather than stressed out by daily life. But I'm not going to analyze things too closely just now. I'm just having a good time and intend to enjoy it.

Mitch wanted to be in Vancouver for a tennis tournament he is participating in, so I have some time to wander around and hang out by myself while he attends to that. (I hope to watch at least one of his competitions this weekend but haven't yet.)

Portland men, pay attention! This is one guy you'd like to meet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home